Special issue of Logical Methods in Computer Science
"Types for Proofs and Programs"
Call for Submissions (Deadline: May 2, 2011)
This special issue is devoted to the recent progress in the technology
of formal methods: notably the design and verification of software,
hardware, and mathematics based on type theory. It continues the
tradition originated by several books published by Springer under the
same title since 1993. We encourage all researchers to contribute
papers on all aspects of type theory and its applications, especially
in the mentioned areas.
Those include, but are not limited to the following.
- Foundations of type theory and constructive mathematics:
- Meta-theoretic studies of type systems.
- Applications of type theory:
- Type theory and functional programming;
- Dependently typed programming;
- Industrial designs using type theory.
- Proof-assistants and proof technology:
- Automation in computer-assisted reasoning;
- Formalizing mathematics using type theory.
Logical Methods in Computer Science is a fully refereed, open access, free,
Submissions should follow the instructions available from
with the following special author instructions.
- Register as an author on the the web page
lmcs-online.org and use the
special code "-t-p-p-2010-". In case you are already registered, go to
"profile" and enter the above special code under "register for special issue".
- Go through the submission routine on the webpage.
In Step 0 choose the special issue "Types for Proofs and Programs".
The submission deadline is Monday, May 2, 2011.
Special Issue Editors:
Henk Barendregt, Pawel Urzyczyn